Jigsaw

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

hmfwic
Bronze Member

Post by hmfwic »

If I'm posting in the wrong forum, please correct me. I have an 18" Shopsmith jigsaw #505644 which is no longer in production and needs a 'yoke bracket assembly #502275'. I inquired with Shopsmith and was referred a couple of dead ends. any chance of locating one somewhere?
Thank you for your indulgence.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

sunset22 wrote:Yes, I agree. I lost a knob and tried to order one. I would 10.00 to 15.00 for a knob that cost them like a 1.00 to make. Here I go again. I ended up making one. So with your little problem maybe there is a product like jd weld you could smear on the threads and retap. I have been pretty impressed with stuff. Another thought would be to use a threaded bushing of the proper size. Good luck with your little project.

Sunset22
See post #4;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

hmfwic wrote:If I'm posting in the wrong forum, please correct me. I have an 18" Shopsmith jigsaw #505644 which is no longer in production and needs a 'yoke bracket assembly #502275'. I inquired with Shopsmith and was referred a couple of dead ends. any chance of locating one somewhere?
Thank you for your indulgence.

See post #4;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rcoder wrote:Boy oh boy did this get off topic. My request was to perhaps buy parts from someone who might be parting one (jigsaw) out.

I appreciate all the interesting comments but they are not the point of the original post.

I also think you might be beating a dead horse as this has been ranted before.

Bob
See post #4;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

sunset22 wrote:When there making 100% to 500% profit or more, on each part. It would pay to store the parts which would not take up that much storage. The large items like the arm, housing and table would not require a large inventory. Maybe they don't keep any of them. The common small replacement parts like the knobs do not take up much space. They do still have gaskets, which is nice. I am just one person with one order. There are 50 states times 10 orders a month from each state times 25 is 12,500. That does not incude international sales. At least half in net gain. So an extra 6,000 plus a month. It is not big sales, but it is still sales.

Sunset22
When did they start selling gaskets?

Really Guys do realize we are referring to a product that SS Inc. and it's antecedent have never(?) produced.

Also realize they have down sized their space as an austerity measure in order to 'survive'.

Now if amount of material permits and yer pocket is deep enough and the desire is strong enough, there is a product called 'Helicoil'.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

hmfwic
Bronze Member

Post by hmfwic »

[quote="JPG40504"]See post #4]
Thank you very much.
sunset22
Gold Member

Post by sunset22 »

I received 3 gaskets for my jigsaw on my last order in April. They were 1.48 each.

3 502274 Gasket 1.48 4.44

sunset22
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

How did you acquire that pn?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

sunset22
Gold Member

Post by sunset22 »

From the Owner's Manual That came with my jigsaw.
sunset22
Gold Member

Post by sunset22 »

From the Owner's Manual I recieved with my Jigsaw. I have tried a few other numbers and they generaly come up not currently available.