Shopsmith DEMO

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Weather in Florida is real good this time of year:D
Bill V
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

Just type in your zip code to see if there is a demo near you.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/demo/index.htm

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

wa2crk wrote:Weather in Florida is real good this time of year:D
Bill V
Close to you. Lowes at 6735 S. US Highway 17-92 in Fern park, FL on 1/20 - 01/22

Off I-4 between Orlando and Lake Mary. Might want to call the store before driving.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
Billdit
Gold Member

Demo

Post by Billdit »

Mark,

Showed this when I gave my zip code:

" 01/03 - 01/04 Knoxville TN "

???
Bill

Mark V 1981 upgraded to 520 and PowerPro, w/ Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, and a bunch of previous owners 1980's jigs, accessories, and unknown parts.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Billdit wrote:Mark,

Showed this when I gave my zip code:

" 01/03 - 01/04 Knoxville TN "

???
What max distance did you specify? It goes up to 200 mi.

I get the same response! You are closer than I!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

There is a Lowe's Demo scheduled for here in Tucson later this month BUT the Shopsmith link does not report that.

I am not sure that any valid conclusion can be drawn from that BUT I conclude that Shopsmith simply allows these demos while not sponsoring them????

Then, on the other hand, David Folkerth is reported to have been the host for some of these demos.

I'll be there anyhow.:):):)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

To Bill Mayo
Bill thanks for the info.
Bill V
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

dusty wrote:There is a Lowe's Demo scheduled for here in Tucson later this month BUT the Shopsmith link does not report that.

I am not sure that any valid conclusion can be drawn from that BUT I conclude that Shopsmith simply allows these demos while not sponsoring them????

Then, on the other hand, David Folkerth is reported to have been the host for some of these demos.

I'll be there anyhow.:):):)
I believe its more that Mike Young is the west coast guy, while David seems to be doing most of the mid-west and middle-america. The lack of listings on the shopsmith site is more likely to be an issue with shopsmith not keeping their stuff up to date more than anything else, or the fact that only certain dates have been confirmed for Mike.

For the record, when mike came through the last two times I got emails from shopsmith indicating that demos were coming to town. He had legitimate shopsmith banners and such.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

damagi wrote:I believe its more that Mike Young is the west coast guy, while David seems to be doing most of the mid-west and middle-america. The lack of listings on the shopsmith site is more likely to be an issue with shopsmith not keeping their stuff up to date more than anything else, or the fact that only certain dates have been confirmed for Mike.

For the record, when mike came through the last two times I got emails from shopsmith indicating that demos were coming to town. He had legitimate shopsmith banners and such.
It is certainly an indication of something other than a "keen marketing plan".

But this is nothing new. The last time Shopsmith did a demo here in Tucson, I was never notified. I found out only by chance. There were only four attendees.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.