DeWalt Radial Arm Saw

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I do knot recall the brand, but my grandfather had a RAS that came mounted on a two wheel trailer. You could tow it to the job site behind your truck and use it right on the trailer.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

a1gutterman wrote:I do knot recall the brand, but my grandfather had a RAS that came mounted on a two wheel trailer. You could tow it to the job site behind your truck and use it right on the trailer.
Tim
Many RAS went to work that way. I can remember seeing them from time to time in the late 50's-60's.
I think most RAS are now built for commercial applications and I think CNC machines and other tools are quickly replacing them.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
heartwood
Bronze Member

Post by heartwood »

Pinkie, not sure if anyone has sent this www. But this site is a good source of information about old tools. May give you information you can’t find and you can’t talk to the owners for more information. Good luck.

http://www.owwm.com