table saw dust collection

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Ed in Tampa wrote:I have the Shark guard and I really like it. But like any tool you must use it.

Shark Guard is a great company to work with and I found Lee to be a great guy to deal with.

Order one you won't go wrong!
From looking at the photos on the Shark Guard site, it seems like the plexiglass piece does not sit flush against the table from front to back, like the Shopsmith upper guard does. Does this make any difference pro or con?

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

algale wrote:From looking at the photos on the Shark Guard site, it seems like the plexiglass piece does not sit flush against the table from front to back, like the Shopsmith upper guard does. Does this make any difference pro or con?

Al
I would think some opening would insure air flow. No airflow, no pickup!

Since the SS is throwing debris to that area, a concentrated(higher velocity) air flow there would be beneficial.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange