Hospice Care

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

billmayo
Platinum Member

Hospice Care

Post by billmayo »

I was admitted to In-Home Hospice Care this week since I refused to do the Chemo treatments after much thought. Hospice will handle all my medical needs now. I have less than 6 months due to the Stage IV metastasis liver cancer that has spread to my pancreatic and kidneys.

So what I need now is to find someone who would be interested in starting a part time Shopsmith reconditioning, rebuilding and repair business. I would hate to believe that all the Shopsmith parts I have will end up at the salvage yard if I cannot find anyone. I have a 24 X 24 shop plus a 8 X 24 storage shed that is quite loaded with equipment, tools and Shopsmith parts, most which need some reconditioning. I am willing to finance this package. I believe it will take at less 2 very large U-haul trucks to haul all the items as it would include all the cabinets, benches, storage shelves, computer files and lots of documentation. All metal working equipment is included. I have a few new Shopsmith parts kits and packages that I sell weekly on Ebay for a nice steady income.

I will be happy to provide pictures for a first look at what I have. I have a spare bedroom for the person who would be examine everything that I have to offer and a place to stay while loading everything. Meals may be an option.

Please contact me at bill.mayo@verizon.net or 813-764-8343 ( after 11:00 am & before 10:00 pm ). This is located east of Tampa, FL. off I-4.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Hospice Care

Post by jsburger »

Oh my Bill. God speed.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Bill,

There are no words. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the Forum; I've learned so much and benefited by reading your posts.

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

No words indeed!

Keep hospice at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone pick up his torch!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Bill make your piece with the Lord and Family in this time.
Moms Hospice has been great.
I cant help you with your stock, but thank you for all you did here. If it is any consolation, your Legacy and contributions here will live on here for decades.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

My prayers are with you and your family. I want to give my heartfelt thanks for all the advice and knowledge you have shared over the years. You've provided a kind,steady and constant voice on this forum. You will be greatly missed.
DOWeaver
Gold Member

Post by DOWeaver »

So sorry to hear! If only I where maybe 10 years younger.
DOWeaver Indianapolis IN
Dale
1992 Mark V with 510 upgrades All SPT Machine in black II
1950 #24616 10 E Demo All Parts and extras used as drill press. Teresa
1951 #45246 10 ER SS Refurbished Shelly + Brent
Early 1951 #47982 10 ER SS Refurbished
Late 1951 #53316 10 ER SS Refurbished
Also addicted tool collector
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Bill if one of your nurses is named Michelle she is my daughter, due to HIPPA laws she can't tell me if you are her patient or not.

Keeping you in prayer!
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Bill, you've been a great friend and a wonderful help to so many. Thank you.
I'll spread the word and hope someone will carry on.
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

You have always been there for all of us when we had problems, always had the solution to our ShopSmith woes. Now we can only feel helpless to return the favor.
Thank you Bill for the problems you have solved for me.
Your expertise in all things ShopSmith will be hard to replace but I do hope some young person will take up the challenge and carry on in the spirit and efficiency that you have always shown.

... and I hope it happens soon so that you can spend your time and energy on family and on yourself.

My thoughts are with you.
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese