Google NASCAR

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:GPS Navigation must be a bit different than it was a few years ago when I was installing early GPS systems in public safety and transportation fleets.

It sounds like you just get in and "think - OKAY, I want to go to Virginia City" and the system takes over. Back in the old days, you had to do some pre-programming, answer a couple questions and then follow directions. I know, I know - Google has come a long way. I just did not know it had come that far.

Actually a lot of folks do just that! Enter an address and push go.

They do have programmable options such as fastest, shortest, road type. . .

What is 'fun' is when you get on a 'new' road and it thinks you are lost out in a field. It continually attempts to 'reroute' you back to the 'route'.

I had a model designed/programmed by non-US folks(central Europe) that made a lot more sense. You could turn re-routing off. If you 'got off'(side trip to Ronald 's house) it merely 'said' "Off Route" and shut up until you got back 'on' and then told you the distance to the next intermediate point(exit/turn/whatever).

It also had a good display map ability for 'manual exploring'.

I really miss it! Sadly I broke the display by sitting on it!:confused: Also it appears to have been a one time Christmas import special!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange