Admin-please allow prosilver

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Admin-please allow prosilver

Post by rcplaneguy »

For us iphone users, please allow prosilver style to be saved in preferences. I can select prosilver for a browsing session, but it reverts to shopsmith1 when I return. Shopsmith1 does not play nice with my iphone6 and Safari. It clips the text on the right, making the forum unusable. Thanks!

admin
Gold Member

Re: Admin-please allow prosilver

Post by admin »

A couple of things to check. Make sure to click submit after selecting prosilver to save the selection. Also when returning make sure you are logged in.
Shopsmith I.T.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

admin wrote:A couple of things to check. Make sure to click submit after selecting prosilver to save the selection. Also when returning make sure you are logged in.
Yes to both of those. Still reverts to shopsmith1, every visit.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I believe you can solve this problem by selecting prosilver and submit TWICE. You do it once to get out of your current format and then do it again while in prosilver.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

I tried that and it doesn't work. Subsilver2 works fine but not Prosilver.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I can be of NO assistance. I vacillate back and forth between prosilver and subsilver2 and I am able to carry my board preference back and forth when I do that.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

What am I missing? Is there an advantage to Pro silver?
My preference is Sub Silver.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

From my point of view, you are probably not missing anything, Gene. The two are pretty much alike functionally. There are some visual differences. That is why I keep switching back and forth. I am attempting to select one or the other. If I had to make that decision right now, I would go with prosilver.

I think the issue that rcplaneguy is attempting to resolve is more dependent upon the platform that he uses than it is the software. If I read his comments correctly, he is using a mobile devise.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I changed to prosilver last night just to see if it is different from 'before' when I decided to use shopsmith format. Getting there was simple. :) Changed the preference in user profile, clicked submit, and the next screen refresh was in prosilver. :cool:

Now getting back to shopsmith format was another matter entirely! :(

Went to user profile and my profile IIRC said shopsmith???? Clicked on submit and I was still in prosilver. Only way to get back to shopsmith was to logoff and back on. My profile was already set to shopsmith when I got back on.

So it appears that a switch to prosilver from shopsmith is simple and does not require logging off/on. Not so going from prosilver to shopsmith.

It appears from this vantage point that the user profile gets read/set at logon and can be altered for the 'current' session 'use' without actually changing permanent profile setting if done from shopsmith format. i.e. Although I was functioning in prosilver, the profile still was set to shopsmith. Nothing I did while in prosilver allowed me to change format until logging off/on. I did not try, but it may act differently if one is initially logged on with prosilver. That might explain the differences in other's experiences.

Hope this rambling helps, Admin. :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Yesterday my ONLY OPTION was to use "prosilver". I believe that the ADMIN had the other styles disabled so he could make changes. So this morning when I brought up the forum, I was back to "ShopSmith" style with no action on my part.

JPG, next time ya make a style change. Try clicking on the "board index". that's when it changes for me.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob