New Look Forum

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

danscot
Gold Member

Re: New Look Forum

Post by danscot »

Well done Admin - I think you've cracked it with the "Shopsmith" style. I hadn't visited for a week or so & had been using that Silver style. This new look is good! :cool:

I look forward to you solving the old post picture positioning issue and I'm confident you will - given what you've already achieved in a fairly short time.

If you're quick, you'll maybe get a chance to put your feet up before JPG works out his confusion & hits you with his "Return" issue! :D

Thanks for your hard work!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Not as bad as I thought!!!

What I am left with is:

When clicking on 'view submitted (message??), it takes you to the 'top' of the thread(or the most recent 'page') instead of the just submitted post.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
timsturnings
Gold Member

Post by timsturnings »

I am mainly a lurker. I don't post much and very seldom attach any pictures. I have not been in the shop because of health reason for over a year. When I logged on, or tried to I was unpleasantly surprised that everything has changed. The forum looks entirely different and I find it is more difficult to use. What happened to the old format and is there any hope in having the old forum return? Just my observation and thoughts.
Tim Leiter, Mt. Pleasant, MI.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT, SINCE THE old software was a couple versions out of date and wood have been $$$ to upgrade it.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I'm wondering what the forum looks like on other peoples monitors?

When viewing this post of mine what things bug you? I did this on purpose and don't intend to keep it this way....

Ed
Attachments
ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 20 23.17.jpg
ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 20 23.17.jpg (216.11 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

As I'm sure you know and intended to demonstrate, the signature can be very annoying when 1 item per line is listed. And some colors (rust) don't display well.

As for the amount of unused screen space to the left and right, you could try experimenting with the zoom function.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Unused space left and right, long list of equipment (shop inventory) in signature and general layout.

I much prefer the prosilver.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

TMI Too much info. I think that we can eliminate the shop inventory or limit it to the major pieces of SS equipment.
JMHO
Bill V
algale
Platinum Member

Re: New Look Forum --Pics Are Down Admin!

Post by algale »

Hi Admin, new pics don't seem to be displaying (1:32 PM eastern time, Sunday).
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

kablerj
Gold Member

Suddenly, No Pictures

Post by kablerj »

Up until today, everything about the forum update was working fine for me. I am using prosilver with internet explorer.

Suddenly today, all past posts are missing their pictures. Only this one post http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... =6&t=15672 which was started today, still displays pictures.

I tried changing to Shopsmith and shopsmith1 to no avail.

I also tried on a second computer using firefox. No go

Jim
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."