Shopsmith Demo

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG40504 wrote:Old / new, modified / unmodified, Flat washers will raise the 'operational' positions. Put over the stem between the piston and the swivel frame.

Just be sure to not overdo it so as to keep the legs from firmly resting on the floor in 'lowered' position.
Good advise but not an issue that needs to be resolved because I hardly ever move my Mark 5/V.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Wow am I ever lucky. This AM I visited my second demo in four months, this one in Lakewood CO. Today I was a bit surprised that Mike still has not installed the upgraded wheels on his Mark 7. We did discuss them and he is very high on them. As in the last Demo I attended there were several current owners present. One fellow seemed intent on gathering 520 info. I felt sad about one elderly gentleman who was only interested in determining the value of his Greenie, which was purchased new during the 1960's and seldom used. One attender visited with him on the side and the gentleman wondered away. A couple of guys asked me why I felt the Mark 7 upgrade was worthwhile enough that I would order a second one. All in all I was pleased to have had opportunity to see a second demo in so short a time. Interesting how one learns something new with every experience. I seemed to be the only one there with multiple machines. I guess that makes me an addict:) Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.