Newbie with used 510: how to measure cut on table saw

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

reible wrote:I like to use invisible tape... it really stays on for a long time when you want it to. See image of my insert with blade marked in this post:Ed

Ah Ha! You played "Where's Waldo" with us! That's O.K.!:) Found the little piece of invisible 'Scotch Tape' near the front of your insert.

In the past, I remember playing the Waldo game myself, and you catching me at it. ]
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

charlese wrote:Ah Ha! You played "Where's Waldo" with us! That's O.K.!:) Found the little piece of invisible 'Scotch Tape' near the front of your insert.

In the past, I remember playing the Waldo game myself, and you catching me at it. ]
If I understand the 'waldo' bit, I had no trouble finding the 'invisible' tape. I like that idea! Better than measuring to the blade each time.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cocacola1012
Gold Member

Post by cocacola1012 »

JPG40504 wrote:If I understand the 'waldo' bit, I had no trouble finding the 'invisible' tape. I like that idea! Better than measuring to the blade each time.
I couldn't find the tape.. Can you point it out??
krisztian
Bronze Member

Post by krisztian »

wow, thanks for all the tips and the whole discussion! What did people who had not-so-common machines do before forums? Really, thanks; that cleared it up for me. I have to admit I did have a table saw that was had a really accurate scale, but going back to steel ruler and/or marking the stock won't deter me from the S.S
Thanks
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

cocacola1012 wrote:I couldn't find the tape.. Can you point it out??

Top of first pix, bottom of third ->>> http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showpost.htm?p=53168&postcount=15

Yes he does tend to require us to work/seek things out!

Inconvenient perhaps, but appropriate!(IMHO) "Seek and ye shall find";)

Waldo was quite well buried/hidden in this case!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange