Garage heaters

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

The electrician wired up the Fahrenheat 17,000 BTU electric heater and so far I'm very happy with the performance. It is heating the garage nicely. I could probably get it down to T-Shirt wearing temps if I wanted to drive up my energy bill.
The darn thing is very quiet too.
Once again thanks for the info! I'm lov'in the warmth.
RonnyL wrote:Have been heating my garage with a 35,000 BTU propane heater and when garage comes up to temp shut it off and just use my electric heater on ceiling]http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 70_595_595[/url]
This heater does a good job keeping it warm but has a hard time getting it up to temp. so the propane heater. Never start any project with propane heater running, you know - open flame(my name is not Tim Taylor).
What I wish I would have went with is this heater;
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200307959

This is the ideal heater in my humble opinion and I may put one up in the near future.
Good luck in your selection
Ron
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Welcome back Mr. Wolf! We missed ya recently! How's 'school' coming?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

Howdy jpg!

School...AAAARGH!
:D

Thanks for asking, I miss "you wild & crazy guys". LOL
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D