phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

I bought a older used scroll saw and it's missing the blade mounting fixture. Does the Scroll Saw Quick Clamp Upgrade replace the function of the blade mounting fixture?

Thanks,
Eric

---

1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

P89DC wrote:I bought a older used scroll saw and it's missing the blade mounting fixture. Does the Scroll Saw Quick Clamp Upgrade replace the function of the blade mounting fixture?

Thanks,
Eric

IIUC, the Upgrade eliminates the need for the fixture. The blade clamps are no longer used.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

Thanks, I have it on order. Scroll saws are a little more complicated compared to the old jigsaw! I'm climbing up the learning curve....

---

1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!

P89DC wrote:Thanks, I have it on order. Scroll saws are a little more complicated compared to the old jigsaw! I'm climbing up the learning curve....

FWIW, the blade mounting 'fixture' is a bit of a bachelor item. Only bachelors have the time to devote to using it.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange