Lathe Live Center System
Meet the Most Versatile Live Center System Available For Today's Woodturner.
A Great Work-Holding Compliment
For Your Shopsmith Lathe
Now, you can get a more positive, more wobble-free grip on both small and large spindle and faceplate turnings with this amazing, affordable 10-piece universal live center system from Nova of New Zealand.
Precision machined from premium tool steel, this is the only system featuring the exclusive stepped cone for convenient, super-fast mounting of workpieces.
The system includes:
- Massive 1-3/4" diameter x 2-1/8" Long Rotating Live Center Body, featuring three sealed ball bearings that eliminate vibration and play and significantly increase the system's load bearing capacity. It offers a #2 Morse taper nose and a 2-3/4" long #2 Morse taper shaft, both with hollow centers that will accept drill bits up to 3/8" diameter for center drilling
- 11/16" Diameter 60°, #2 Morse Taper Center Point for turning large spindles and supporting large faceplate turnings
- Hollow Cup Center with a 5/16" through hole that's ideal for holding soft or green woods with less chance of splitting
- 70° Tapered Point for the cup center. It's opposite end is also tapered to slip into a mating cup center taper
- 2" Long Miniature Extension Center with a 1/4" diameter x 5/8" long point that extends almost 1-1/2" from the nose of the body to provide clearance and support for small turnings such as pens
- 1-1/2" Long, Double-Ended #2 Morse Taper Insert that offers a 5/16"-18 internal thread on one end for the screw (#7) or bolt (#8) below... either of which can be used to hold shop-made fixtures or support devices of your own design for specialized turning tasks. Flip it end-for end and use the flat, non-threaded end to press against the insides of shallow faceplate turnings
- 2" Long Screw (hanger bolt) for #6 above... featuring a 5/16"-18 bolt on one end and a coarse threaded screw on the other
- 2" long, 5/16"-18 Bolt for #6 above.
- Nova-Exclusive Stepped Cone Center. One end offers a 7/8" deep inverted cone that tapers from 5/8" at the bottom to 1-13/16" at the top. It can be used in two different ways: #1: Attach it to the live center body using the insert (#6) above. When used in this fashion, the inverted cone will support either square or round stock without having to locate the exact workpiece centers. #2: Turn the center around and position its "cone" over the mating tapered end of the live center body. Now, you have a series of stepped diameters (approximately 1-1/8" • 1-3/16" • 1-3/8" • 1-9/16" • 1-3/4" • and 1-15/16") that can be slipped into holes or sockets in the workpiece or into large pressure discs of your own design for providing added outboard support. A very unique capability !
- 5-7/8" Long x 3/8" Diameter Knock-Out Bar for removing centers from the live center body
556235 Nova 10-Piece Live Center System ... $84.87
Order Toll-Free by Phone, if you prefer -- 1-800-543-7586
Copyright © 2016 Shopsmith All rights reserved.