Meet the Revolutionary Incra I-Box™
Now, You Can Make Precise, Tight-Fitting Box Joints -- Without the Time-Consuming Trial-and-Error Dado Blade Shimming That's Been Driving You Nuts for Years !
Just assemble your dado blade set to the combined width you want without using shims... make a couple of sample passes and quick, truly simple spacing adjustments... and you'll be set to go in a few short minutes !
“How can that be?” ...you ask. “Surely, it can't be that simple!” Well... you'd be wrong because it really CAN be just that simple ! Here's why.
The I-Box™ is the first commercially available box joint jig with a unique, micro-adjustable, dual-pitch Positioning Engine that lets you set your pin width and spacing in unison, with a single adjustment of the red knob (see photo on left).
Set-up is as simple as making a test cut to determine the fit of the pin in the dado kerf. As you move the two pin plates closer to or away from the blade by turning the red knob, both plates automatically move in unison (see second photo on left) to ensure the proper fit. If they don't fit perfectly, you can adjust the fit by holding the red knob in position and rotating the silver knob.
Rotate it in a counter-clockwise direction to decrease the size of the pin and loosen the fit... or in a clockwise direction to increase the size of the pin and tighten the fit. Each small white line on the red knob represents .001" of adjustment -- talk about precise!
Once it's adjusted properly for a set-up, you're ready to go... no spacer strips to make or use for indexing your cuts... and no fiddling around. You won't believe how quickly your work progresses.
So, where most box joint jigs rely on YOU to make your adjustments by going through the process of adding or deleting blade shims... often over and over again... the I-Box Positioning Engine eliminates these hassles by adjusting the width and the position of your dado cuts simultaneously!
Here are 8 more reasons why you'll want to own this amazing jig:
- It will work with your Mark V or Mark 7 table saw... or with the under-table routing function of your Mark 7
- It's compatible with any cutter width between 1/8" and 3/4" - even metric cutters!
- It can be used on either side (left or right) of your cutter
- Use it to produce center keyed and splined decorative box joints, too!
- It's a great (fast) way to make your own decorative dentil moldings
- Includes FREE 1-hour instructional DVD that covers basic through advanced decorative joinery techniques
- Comes complete with front and rear blade guards AND a dust shield
- This Shopsmith version has been designed with a special GlideLOCK™ adjustable miter bar that fits all Mark V & Mark 7 Shopsmith machines
Note: Your stock should be secured with a wooden hand-screw clamp (not included) to your Incra I-Box when making a cut.
With the I-Box, You Set the Jig To the Cut - NOT the Cut To the Jig!
556422 Shopsmith Version Incra I-Box Box Cutting Jig ... $169.99
Click below to see an interesting and informative video of the I-Box at work. You'll be amazed!
See the Amazing I-Box at Work!Incra I-Box Video
Order Toll-Free by Phone, if you prefer --
Call before 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Copyright © 2014 Shopsmith All rights reserved.