Mark V Model 500 to Model 520 Pro Fence / Table System Upgrade
Upgrade Your Mark V Model 500 With Larger Tables and the Pro Fence System
Shopsmith's Pro Fence & Table System upgrade is the best way for you to equip your older Model 500 Mark V with the latest in 21st century features and capabilities. Armed with this state-of-the-art fence system, you'll be able to tackle all of your projects with improved convenience, precision and safety.
Your upgrade starts with an expanded table system that includes a larger worktable and extension table with two floating support tables and a pair of telescoping support legs. Put it all together and you'll have over eight feet of table width for crosscutting even the longest boards!
To this, it adds the heavy-duty, factory-aligned Shopsmith Pro Fence with four T-slots... two on the top and one on each face... for attaching jigs, fixtures and aids, such as our: rip fence mounted featherboard; T-track utility light kit; flip-up rip fence stop; or any shop-made jig or fixture you might build that mounteds to the fence sides or top using our sliding T-nuts).
The Pro Fence and Table System Upgrade Kit Includes:
- Larger Table with big 17-1/2" x 22" work surface. More support for ripping 4' x 8' plywood sheets and crosscutting even the longest boards.
- Pro Fence is 24-1/2" long by 2-1/2" thick with a double T-slot track on the top surface plus another T-slot on each side for attaching accessories, jigs and fixtures. Two levers lock it rigidly to the front and rear of the main or extension table with a quick flip. It also includes a wider fence straddler.
- Wider Tie Bar with dual tilt locks at the front and rear of the table. The widened tube stance for dust collection and gives added stability.
- New Table Carriage with quarter-turn locks. Hand wheel and lock move the table up and down - then secure it where you want it.
- Direct-Reading Rip Fence Scales let you read and instantly set the width of rip cuts up to 38-1/2" wide. Includes two interchangeable stainless steel scales that are graduated in both 1/16" and 1/32" increments.
- Two Floating Extension Tables slide on connecting tubes and lock any-where between the main table and the end extension table.
- Four 27" Connecting Tubes slip through the rails and tie the system together with locking knobs.
- Two Telescoping Legs give added support in the middle or at the ends of the connecting tubes. A quick twist locks their height.
- See-Through Upper Saw Guard with etched-in depth-of-cut indicators, European-style riving knife and anti-kickback device
- New Lower Saw Guard, updated to accommodate Shopsmith's 12" sanding disc. Includes 2-1/2" diameter dust collection port.
Plus...You'll also get:
- Two-position Lathe Tool Rest Arm with lever-style adjustment screws
- Anti-rotation Tool Rest Post
- Saw Table Insert
- Steel Miter Gauge Bar with T-slot washer
- Larger Extension Table Top (does not include vertical mounting tubes)
- Longer Sanding Disc Hub lets you use your current steel disc with the lower saw guard for dust collection
- Pro Fence System 1-1/4" diameter saw arbor
- All required fittings and hardware
- Instruction Manual, fully describing alignment, maintenance, safety, tips and techniques
- Special Alignment Set-Up Gauge
Note: Due to the increased size of the Pro Fence System work table and how various accessories connect to it, Some earlier Model 500 accessories may not fit the pro fence upgrade. These include (but are not limited to) all table inserts, front table extension, rip fence, mortising hold-downs and some saw arbors.
555985 Mark V Model 500 to Model 520 Upgrade ...
(Item may be on back-order or is made upon ordering)
Order Toll-Free by Phone, if you prefer -- 1-800-543-7586
Copyright © 2014 Shopsmith All rights reserved.