Welcome To The Shopsmith Getting Started Series
Welcome! We want to officially say we are happy to have you as part of the Shopsmith Family.
Whether you inherited a Shopsmith Multipurpose Machine, Acquired a Machine but Haven't Gotten Started, or you have been doing woodworking for a while but are new to Shopsmith Tools, we want to help you get started.
For more than 65 years, Shopsmith has prided itself on being a progressive company that offers its customers more than just a “hit and run” sale that you can get from other providers or when you purchase equipment online.
We are excited to present you a series of Getting Started Topics and Brand New Easy Get Started Videos that include helpful information on Your Machine, Proper Machine Use, Safety, and How to Create a Woodworking Project from Start to Finish. You will receive information on:
- Getting To Know Your Machine
- Getting Your Machine Ready To Use
- Safety Must Knows
- The Machine - The Magic - 7 Tools in One!
You will have access to a wealth of resources to help you all along the way and if you want to speak to a “Live” person, Customer Service is available to take your call.
The following are just some of the woodworking resources you will have access to at www.shopsmith.com
- Getting Started Web Pages & Video Series. Expect a series of topics and videos that will guide you step by step on how to get started and begin woodworking in no time;
- Woodworking Glossary of Terms. The Woodworking Glossary of Terms is a great resource to demystify general woodworking terms that you will hear throughout you woodworking journey. Click Here for our woodworking glossary;
- Owner's Manual Summary. This is a
summary version of the larger, more detailed Owner's Manual you would
receive when purchasing your machine.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Summarized Owner's Manual.
Because you are part of our new “Getting Started” series, the larger printed Owner's Manual is available to you and can be purchased for $29.95 + FREE 2nd Day Air Shipping within the continental U.S. so you can get started quickly. Click Here To See This Special Offer;
- Upgrade Parts. Upgrade any Shopsmith Machine to today's latest technology and performance. Click Here to see the upgrades available;
- Service Parts. Maintain you Shopsmith to make it work like a new machine. Click Here for service parts and information;
- User Forum. Join the Shopsmith User Forum (40,000+ Strong!) share ideas, techniques, and tips with fellow woodworkers. Click Here to browse the User Forum;
- Easy To Use Plans. Access to hundreds of plans that will walk you step-by-step through building your choice of great projects. Click Here to see this extensive list of woodworking plans;
- Live Demonstrations. Visit a live demonstration at a Lowe's Store near you. Click Here for a scheduled list of locations;
- Help Hotline. Have a question? Call Shopsmith Customer Service at (937) 890-5197. Click Here To Contact Us.
No matter how you received your Shopsmith woodworking machine, we look forward to working with you to become a part of an elite group of sophisticated woodworkers who produce fine wood products and who are saving thousands of dollars by doing it themselves.
- Knowing Your Machine
- Getting Ready
- Table Saw
- Drill Press
- Horizontal Boring
- Disc Sanding
- Over-Table Router
- Under-Table Shaper
- Making a Project